qCLIC & ExactMassList

Ask or learn about how to use the software or troubleshoot problems
sennin

qCLIC & ExactMassList

Post by sennin »

I want to use a CLIC expression I made for alkylbenzenes in combination with a crude template that covers my alkylbenzenes and some other groups. I then want to apply the CLIC expression to the template as a qCLIC so that it only picks up the alkylbenzenes. However, whenever I try to use an expression that contains the function "ExactMassList" as a qCLIC it will not match the blobs that should pass the qualifier. If I use the CLIC expression alone to select blobs it will highlight all of my alkylbenzene blobs, but not when used as a qCLIC.

Is it possible to use the ExactMassList as a qCLIC? It is mentioned in the User's Guide that a qCLIC can include match factors, retention bounds, and base peaks as constraints. Are these the only functions available for Qualifier CLICs?
qtao

Re: qCLIC & ExactMassList

Post by qtao »

Which version of the software are you using?

It might be related to a bug fixed in v2.7r3 and v2.8r2:
https://www.gcimage.com/gcxgc/usersguid ... -8r2-qCLIC
sennin

Post by sennin »

I am currently using version 2.6b0 version of GC-Image, so I have to get the latest version to make this work then. Thank you very much for pointing this out!
qtao

Post by qtao »

Another possible workaround is to replace ExactMassList with pre-calculated exact masses. Of course, it would not be as convenient as the function.

In any case, you may want to update at least to v2.6b4.