Blob Table: import data

Ask or learn about how to use the software or troubleshoot problems
lnicolot

Blob Table: import data

Post by lnicolot »

I need to visualize in the blob table a new category including data refferred to compound properties (e.g.boiling point,MW and other parameters). How can I do this? Is it possible to import such data from a file external to GC Image?

Thanks
qtao

Re: Blob Table: import data

Post by qtao »

IF you just want these extra information to be presented as a descriptive text, you can put them into the Blob's Description field. Then the information can be saved to a template for reuse. If the data is MS and NIST Library Search was performed, MW and formula are available through the library-related blob attributes. But there is no easy way to import extra information from an external file.
lnicolot

Post by lnicolot »

qtao wrote:IF you just want these extra information to be presented as a descriptive text, you can put them into the Blob's Description field. Then the information can be saved to a template for reuse. If the data is MS and NIST Library Search was performed, MW and formula are available through the library-related blob attributes. But there is no easy way to import extra information from an external file.
Thank you, but i really need to import information as data (numbers) to be displayed in a separate column of the blob table. What about the "difficult way"?
tjanke

Post by tjanke »

If you just want to have the info of the Blob Table combined with your own Compound info, your best bet would be to export the blob table to excel and combine them there.

Exporting the blob table can be done in a couple ways:
  • File > Save Blob Table
  • Save Icon on the Blob Table

If you absolutely need to see the items in the Blob Table, the hard way (only way) is to create a JavaScript Plugin to be used in the blob table.

Here are links to the information required to create a plugin for GC Image:
  • Plugin Specification
  • GCSample Doc
  • Plugin Config
After that, you would be able to add the features you want (boiling point, MW, ...) to the Blob Table using CLIC expressions calling the functions you have described in you plugin.
lnicolot

Post by lnicolot »

Thank You, I will try ...
tjanke

Post by tjanke »

I have shared a basic example of what you are asking for. It can be found at:
http://www.gcimage.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=51

I'm not sure if you have done much programming, but It should give you the groundwork for what you need.

You should note that plugins for the CLIC expression to be used in the Blob Table can only report numbers. Plugins for Export Image can be used to write out blob information in any form you choose.
lnicolot

Post by lnicolot »

tjanke wrote:I have shared a basic example of what you are asking for. It can be found at:
http://www.gcimage.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=51

I'm not sure if you have done much programming, but It should give you the groundwork for what you need.

You should note that plugins for the CLIC expression to be used in the Blob Table can only report numbers. Plugins for Export Image can be used to write out blob information in any form you choose.
Thank you, very helpful! I will try and i will let you know!
Tank you again!
lnicolot

Post by lnicolot »

I have tried to apply the plug-in you sent me :
The Plug-in was corecctly imported and the related clic expression added to the blob table.
I named two blobs "toluene" and "benzene" but the MW value returned for such blobs is "-1" (instead of 247 and 555 as written in the txt.file), the same of all the un-named blobs.
I wonder where i'm going wrong!

Thank you
tjanke

Post by tjanke »

Sorry about that. I tested the plugin on my development version, but not version "2.4". I have updated the attachment shared in the other forum post.

Please try the updated plugin and let me know if it works for you.
lnicolot

Post by lnicolot »

tjanke wrote:Sorry about that. I tested the plugin on my development version, but not version "2.4". I have updated the attachment shared in the other forum post.

Please try the updated plugin and let me know if it works for you.
Thank you for all your help, tomorrow I will try!